Providing high-quality client centred legal services, S Skandarajah & Co has established itself as one of the leading law firms in Singapore. Based at 151 Chin Swee Road, #03-01 Manhattan House Singapore 169876, the company offers professional legal services to all types of clients. Owing to a successful track record, the company has developed a reputation for providing fair and top-quality legal services to its clients.
Matters involving criminal law, civil and commercial litigation, family law, divorce cases, the application of bankruptcy rules, probate and administration of estates, wills, deed polls, personal injury, motor accident claims, grant of probate, Singapore immigration are the major areas of practice the company excels in. Retaining a highly-qualified team of lawyers in Singapore, S Skandarajah & Co provides the most effective legal services to its clients when representing them in a court of law. The team of lawyers associated with the company specializes in different arrears of the law which caters to the requirements of their clients. Equipped with the best technological tools and updated knowledge, the professional team of barristers in Singapore ensures that the interests of their clients are protected in the best possible way.
The companys motto Client Centred Legal Services- because we care, we listen and we help very much sums up the approach followed by its expert team of lawyers when it comes to addressing clients issues. Expert knowledge, tactfulness and negotiation skills of Singapore lawyers with the company make S Skandarajah & Co one of the best Singapore law firms. From drafting legal documents in divorce cases to building up the case for example in civil litigation, the services offered by the company cover legal matters effectively.
The company has been highly appreciated for its ability to deliver the best results in a hassle-free manner. Keeping the clients interest as its top-most priority, the company effectively handles the most critical legal situations in a very professional manner. Moreover, the firm makes effort to keep its clients updated on the progress of their case that help reduce stress and worries that are commonly associated with most court cases. All the functions of family law firms, or an immigration law firm and divorce law firm are performed by the company in the most professional manner.
Competitive prices and a high standard of service are the major factors that have helped S Skandarajah & Co build a name for itself in Singapore. Charging competitive fees, the company does not have a reputation of a cheap divorce lawyer for all those who embroil in a divorce case. Importantly, the company goes out of its way to maintain client confidentiality at all costs. All information regarding the company and the complete range of services offered can be found at , the official website of the company.
Singapore can boast of highly literacy population and as we all know, people gain knowledge from books, newspapers, magazines, periodicals, etc. If we add to this strong regime of intellectual property protection, ease of starting a business and the availability of competent employee, Singapore becomes an ideal center for the publishing industry.
Licenses for print publication in Singapore
Permission to publish newspapers should be obtained from the Media Development Authority of Singapore (MDA) for:
1. Printing of newspapers in Singapore. By the newspaper is meant any publication that contains news, reports and any observations or comments on the news, messages, or include any other issues with regards to public interest, that is published for the sale and distribution free of charge on a regular basis, but do not include a publication for government.
2. Offshore newspapers in Singapore. These newspapers write about current state of affairs outside the Lion City and are published outside the territory of the country with a circulation of 300 copies or more in Singapore.
3. Malaysian newspaper in Singapore.
The procedure for applying for permission to print newspapers in Singapore include:
1. The owner or the chief editor should apply together with the following supporting documents to Registrar of Newspapers in Singapore:
2. You can get a Newspaper Permit without paying any fees what pleases but for an offshore newspaper a bank guarantee is S $ 200,000.
3. Processing the application usually takes 15 working days and received permit will be valid for one year.
4. During your business anything can happen and due to this you may need to change the name of the newspaper, the nature of the content, language and frequency of publication, etc. In this case it will be required to get new permission.
5. Remember that after obtaining the permission you have 3 months to publish the first issue of the publication. In other case authorities will be interested in your purpose of your Singapore business and obtaining the permission.
Printing Press License in Singapore
If you intend to run the press to print any publications such as newspapers and magazines in Singapore, you will need to obtain a license from the registrar to print newspapers.
1. Before applying for your license to print you must perform the following pre-conditions:
– Workrooms for printing operation must be approved by the URA;
– The business must be registered with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority ACRA.
2. To complete the procedure and obtain required license you have to submit an application with the following documents to the Registrar of Newspapers in Singapore and:
– If the applicant is a third party, he must submit a Letter of Authorization;
– If you are going to make business not by registered with ACRA address. you will have to contact the Chief Inspector of Factories to approve premises for the purpose of printing.
3. It usually takes three working days to process the successful applications, according to which the license is issued for a period of one year.
4. No license fees.
5. The license is not transferable. If there are any changes to the license holder or a change of the location of the printing you must get a new license.
Tourism industry is prevailing all around the world. A large number of western citizens are coming towards the eastern countries for adventure holidays and affordable shopping. Among all the major countries and destinations, Singapore seems to be the most popular due the surplus amount of the travelers who visit this country. It is very small in size; even then, Singapore has been able to influence the entire world with its capabilities of business and perfect lifestyle. It is considered to be the most safest country to travel however, it is very important for the travelers to follow certain rules to avoid troubles. Travelers are always under the threat of being charged with illogical charges or fake allegations. Before coming to Singapore, the tourists should try to obtain some knowledge in Criminal Law In Singapore.
All the travelers try to collect information about the transit services, tourist locations and the major attractions of Singapore. However, they tend to forget that the criminal or civil law is also very important. Often the travelers who are completely unaware of the Singapore are framed under false charges or are accused by someone illegally due to several conditions. The anti social elements of the country are also active in such activities. In case a traveler is accused under false charges, he should try to hire the top criminal lawyer to fight his case. Before leaving for the Singapore, try to visit the various websites and find out about the code of conduct applicable on the tourists. How a traveler has to behave in public, in tourist places, in temples and other sacred places along with what are the regulations applicable on them while they are in the country.
Some of the travelers who are unaware of the basic rules and regulations often get involved into unwanted situations. They can try to persuade the court of law and the police about their condition through the best criminal lawyer. You should also try to inform the High commission of your country since they are always ready to help the citizen of their country. However, it is better to stay updated with law, since it helps in staying away from the troubles. Apart from this the criminal lawyer and the knowledge in criminal law of Singapore helps the travelers to know if they are victim of any crime or whom they have to contact in case of any unwanted condition or situation. Be smart to travel smart in Singapore and enjoy holidays.
Vendela Jar is an expert writer having vast experience about the Law industry. Currently, she is writing on various topics like criminal defense lawyer. For More Information Click Here.